- Added support for Python 3.10.
- josepy is now compliant with PEP-561: type checkers will fetch types from the inline types annotations when josepy is installed as a dependency in a Python project.
- Added a
fieldfunction to assist in adding type annotations for Fields in classes. If the field function is used to define a
JSONObjectWithFieldsbased class without a type annotation, an error will be raised.
- josepy’s tests can no longer be imported under the name josepy, however, they are still
included in the package and you can run them by installing josepy with “tests” extras and
python -m pytest.
- Removed pytest-cache testing dependency.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused incorrect padding to be used when serializing Elliptic Curve keys as JSON Web Keys.
- Removed external mock dependency.
- Removed dependency on six.
- Deprecated the module josepy.magic_typing.
- Fix JWS/JWK generation with EC keys when keys or signatures have leading zeros.
- Dropped support for Python 2.7.
- Added support for EC keys.
- Deprecated support for Python 2.7.
- Added support for Python 3.9.
- Dropped support for Python 3.5.
- Stopped supporting running tests with
python setup.py testwhich is deprecated in favor of
python -m pytest.
- Deprecated support for Python 3.5.
- Deprecated support for Python 3.4.
- Officially add support for Python 3.8.
- Support for Python 2.6 and 3.3 has been removed.
- Known incompatibilities with Python 3.8 have been resolved.
- Deprecated support for Python 2.6 and 3.3.
- Use the
verifymethods when they are available in
cryptographyinstead of the deprecated methods
Stop installing mock as part of the default but only as part of the testing dependencies.
First release after moving the josepy package into a standalone library.